The highlight of the hikes in Adelboden is the Aeugi-Lowa trail.
Distance 8.8 km
However, it is only suitable for experienced mountaineers.A beautiful mountain hiking trail leads through the alpine meadows to the Luegli. The path becomes narrow (Alpine Route) and takes you to the Bummeregrat. At the end of the ridge, a zigzag path runs through steep flanks and rocky outcrops. Difficult spots are provided with iron stairs. The view down into the Bütschital and the view from the Wildhorn over Silleren and Schwandfälspitz to far into the lowlands are unique.The rock path then continues (always secured by chains and iron stairs) up to the Ammertenspitz. The descent to Engstligenalp includes a wonderful view through the Entschligetal. The goal of the hike, the Engstligenalp, is a wonderful high plateau, which also contains many water and power sources.
The starting point (Hahnenmoospass) and ending point (Engstligenalp) are both mountain stations of the Adelbodner Bergbahnen.
Getting thereMit dem Auto nach Adelboden, beim Kreisel am Ortseingang in Adelboden die zweite Ausfahrt Richtung Adelboden Dorf.
Parkieren können Sie im Parkhaus Adelboden.
32T 384409 5145500
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view