Beautiful panoramic circular hike to Aebi.
Distance 8.7 km
Follow the village road into the valley until you reach the Wegscheide (15 minutes) and continue climbing on the mountain road branching off to the right into the sunny high valley of the Stiegelschwand. Behind the wild Stiegelbach you reach the restaurant Schärmtanne (1 hour, road). The road continues after the bridge in the Horn (15 minutes) with magnificent wild landscape and via the restaurant Aebi on the other side of the valley into the Gilbach. The way back from the Aebi can also be done via the footpath down to the Allenbach (car-free, unsuitable with strollers).
Update: October 08, 2021
32T 389405 5149788
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view